Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkins and Lobsters!

Halloween. I've never been into costumes, mainly because I am not creative enough to think up an amazing costume idea.  But I do love other things associated with Halloween, like dressing our adorable pug up in silly costumes, showing off our costumed dog, and baking awesome treats!

IMG_5737

Since we now live further away from both families, I wanted to get
together some care packages in put in the mail. What better than super cute pumpkins?

IMG_5725

I used Americolor food color gels in the royal icing, which I am now obsessed with.

For the faces, I tried out new Wilton food color pens. I had never
used them before, but they were perfect for the little pumpkin faces! I let the royal icing on the cookies dry overnight, then they were all ready to be drawn on. These pens worked so well I will have to find more cookie excuses to use the pens!

IMG_5729

Look how cute these little pumpkins look as they found their way into a little jar, ready jump in a box and mail out. Some even made it to hubby's work, along with some Neighborly Mini Chip cookies, which I will tell you more about later!

IMG_5738

1 comment:

  1. I can give you my address so you can ship me those cookies....

    ReplyDelete